I Talk, You Listen.
Saturday, June 12, 2004

EAT YOUR HEART OUT, IMOGEN HEAP.



"In the Folies Bergeres when the women were dancing 'frou frou' was meant to be the sound of the swishing skirt.There's meant to be a poem of Baudelaire's where he'd taken opium and was tripping out on the skirts swishing and getting delirious, and there's this old French song called Frou Frou which is the sound that drives men mad. And I suppose when I was getting this together with Imogen, not just because she's a girl, but I was conscious of there being a kind of femininity to things. The delirious guy looking at the women is probably like I am, listening to them singing down the microphone."
-Guy Sigsworth



i told myself i would never quote a song's lyrics. an exception must be made.

Let Go - Frou Frou

Drink up baby doll
Are you in or are you out
Leave your things behind
'Cos it's all going off without you
Excuse me too busy
Writing your your tragedy
These mishaps you bubble-wrap
When you've no idea what you're like
So let go jump in
Oh well what you waiting for
It's alright
'Cos there's beauty in the breakdown
So let go just get in
Oh it's so amazing here
It's alright
'Cos there's beauty in the breakdown
It gains the more it gives
And it rises with the fall
So hand me that remote
Can't you see that all that stuff's a sideshow
Such boundless pleasure
We've no time for later now
You can't await your own arrival
You've twenty seconds to comply

Argh, where are my books?

picture of the moment:

dark vader
posted by onions at 21:35

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogging Mates.
Da ONe WiF MaNy FaCeS...
Posts By Month.
Hand-picked.