I Talk, You Listen.
Saturday, December 18, 2004
So what have we learnt today?

For the past month, I would say, I had an amazing uphill ride; with regular intervals here and there. Plus my share of incredible impossible situations that I never knew could be triggered by my incompetence. But all in all, it had a happy ending. I prayed, oh boy, I prayed. And I held on, because, in the end, I know God works for the good of all. The chain reaction of one person's emotion can affect the world. And I thank God for human feelings. We love, we hate, we contruct all these in the need for breathing. We cry.

You're only sane if you can think straight, right? Same thing. You're only human if you can cry. But you can only be EMO that much before your eyeballs start falling out.


Robin Hunicke reviews this month's Game Developer's full-length post-mortem of Katamari Damacy!

Now, Christmas is round the corner and to celebrate that, I shall start from the inside - the .jpeg way. So, I got down, plugged-on my photoshop, changed some colours, added a couple of christmas trees and take a look, a very mundane palpatible top bar for kids with no sense of colour. Can't keep on running away like that forever, can I? I'm colour blind but I'm not blind!

What? You mean you didn't know I was, sorry i shall use present tense, AM, colour blind?

Great Mother of Mona Lisa, every single of you soulless chaps reading this blog, you now officially know I am colourblind, okay? So, if next time the authorities come looking for a serial crapper who cannot differentiate his choice of clothing colours and matches a red shirt with an incredible purple set of trousers - point to me. Anywhere. Anytime. Anyhow. Anyway, I'll be there for you. I'll be your super hero - only am blind towards the non-monochrome aspects of life. And I'll kill your monsters and catch your puny human robbers but don't ask me to cross the road; i might cross when the lights are green and mistake it for a signal to eternal freedom on the other side of the road.

And please. help me choose my cape. No, I don't want a cape. They're evil. Edna said so.

Protruding stuff in my trousers. BRB. Toilet break.

Okay, I'm back.

As I was saying, colourblindness is dangerous to a certain sense. Most people who don't suffer from this disability (as it is conveniently stated in official please-fill-up-before-you forms) think we minority are weird, homosexual and unfathomable when it comes to traffic lights and red clothes. Not so. You see: when I drive or cross the road, I do not see red and cross the road or green and stand still. The catch: I see which light lights up and I move accordingly. See? Easy.



Try this with your unfortunate male-friends who are not suffering enough. You can't possibly have that much fun. The individual with normal color vision will see a 5 revealed in the dot pattern. An individual with Red/Green (the most common) color blindness will see a 2 revealed in the dots.

So what do people say right after you tell them you are colour blind? So far after being oh-so observant for twenty one years, i can only but classify two variations:

i) "So, what colour is this?" - this is super annoying. since I JUST told you I can't see colours. The friend usually picks red or maybe green.

ii) "Er, so what colours can't you see?" - equally annoying. Answer: I don't know. I can't see the colours I can't see.

Some people just don't understand and they just ask away. Here are some basics to it. Go gain some general knowledge for once.

But Christmas is STILL round the corner, i shall prefer to cheer up. Oh yeah, before that, note to brothers of the same fate, it's alright to dress up in pink. Some life time we have - short, sweet and borderline psycho. So, I've got a plan: pour out your heart desires and get a girlfriend; then she can pick your clothing without getting into embarassing situations with your OTHER friends.



The above is my NFS:U2 car at the end of the end of the game. It's a Hyundai Tiburion. Don't yuck. I forbid you to comment on my taste of colours. This much much easier-to-win version of NFS if compared to it's predecessor lets you customize your dear stock vehicle into a bizzare monster. I'm going to take my leave on road madness and get back to revolvers and scimitars.

But Christmas is STILL round the corner, and internet bills do not come cheap. I wish you all a great red and green Feliz Navidad ahead. Remember, only kids get presents from Santa.

That's what we've learnt today.
posted by onions at 04:14

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting colourblind post.

Lianne

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't ask those two questions! *is absolved of guilt on that point* Nyahah.

~jedielf

8:39 PM  
Blogger 0n10n5 said...

lianne, pretty please release your blog to the world?!

yuin, help catch me more colourblind predators next time. thanks.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why jiawern? Why?
-Lianne

1:49 AM  
Blogger jaderytz said...

allo brother! have yourself a merry blessed christmas! (dont forget to remember the reason for the season.) n have yourself a happy happy new year! ho ho ho!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Dee M said...

I love you no less,colour blind or not.;)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogging Mates.
Da ONe WiF MaNy FaCeS...
Posts By Month.
Hand-picked.